Charming Cyprus – Asimina SuitesMay 24, 2018
Highlights of BarcelonaJuly 3, 2018
If you are planning a trip of a lifetime to New Zealand or visiting family and friends, we have 10 places you need to put on your bucket list!
North Island top attractions:
- Waitomo village is known for its extensive underground cave system where thousands of glow-worms light up the Glow-worm Caves. As well as the caves you can try underwater Black Water Rafting or visit the Ruakuri Caves featuring waterfalls and limestone formations.
- The Bay of Islands encompassing more than 140 subtropical islands. It is a 3-hour drive from Auckland and should be on your list of visits if you are touring the North Island. Stay a couple of days to enjoy the best of this area. Cruise around the bay to see dolphins, learn about the Maori heritage.
- Lake Rotorua, the second largest lake on the North Island. The lake is the heart of the region and the town of Rotorua is located on its shores. Whilst there you may like to take a Duck Tour – a unique land and water tour or head for the Third Place Café and enjoy spectacular views of the lake.
- Tongariro Alpine Crossing. If trekking is something you enjoy why not take a day to trek across the volcanic alpine landscape in Tongariro National Park. The park itself has 3 active volcanoes, one of which featured in the ‘Lord of The Rings’ films. The park is a protected area and is known for its culture as well as its nature.
- Finally, you cannot leave the North Island without a visit to the Hobbiton Movie set. Enjoy a guided tour of the site and see the ‘Hobbit Holes’, the Milland the famous ’Green Dragon Inn’ and receive a complimentary ‘Southfarthing’ beverage
South Island top attractions:
- Milford Sound, a fjord in the south-west of the island known for its waterfalls, seals, penguins and Mite Peak. Enjoy one of the popular boat tours where you can get up close to the wildlife, see the waterfalls and the awe-inspiring cliffs. As Milford Sound is part of the Fjordland National Park, take time out to walk along a beech forest trail and see Mitre Peak or the Chasm Walk passes over bridges with views of powerful waterfalls.
- Franz Josef Glacier, where you can get up close to the glacier with spectacular guided glacier walks, relax at the Glacier Hot Pools or experience nature walks through the nearby rainforest.
- Christchurch Botanical Gardens located in the centre of the city. A place where you can relax and recharge the batteries after all the touring around the island.
- Something a little different to visit is Puzzling World. Located in Wanaka, it features an outdoor maze, optical illusion rooms and a café with puzzling tables. Entertaining for both adults and kids.
- Finally, if you fancy a journey on one of New Zealand’s great rail journeys, why not take a trip from Christchurch to Greymouth on the TranzAlpine Train. The train across from East to West or vice versa and takes just under 5 hours each way, a journey you could do in just one day. On the way, you will travel across stunning vistas across the Southern Alps and the Canterbury Plains.
If you are planning a visit and want to make sure you include any or all of the above, contact us. We will help you plan your itinerary from start to finish ensuring you have a fantastic time.
T: 01562 883795